Both employers and employees make the commitment.
The employer commitment is a promise to:
- Recruit staff who care.
- Provide thorough induction training.
- Help staff develop their skills.
- Make sure staff understand safety and quality standards.
- Take responsibility for how staff work.
- Supervise staff properly.
- Support staff to put their commitment into practice everyday.
The employee commitment is a promise to:
- Work responsibly.
- Uphold dignity.
- Work co-operatively.
- Communicate effectively.
- Protect privacy.
- Continue to learn.
- Treat people fairly.
If you would like to talk to a Skills for Care area officer about making the Social Care Commitment, and how it can benefit you and the people you provide care and support for please click here for the Social Care Commitment website.